Liposuction Recovery: It’s Not as Difficult As You Think!
- Posted on: Jan 15 2015
New liposuction techniques are making the procedure more and more popular. At the Creative Image Laser Solutions, we expect the body-contouring procedure to become even more popular in the coming year.
Patients considering liposuction assume the recovery period will be difficult, but the reality is different. Apart from our warm and caring team that will guide you before, during, and after the procedure, sticking to the following basics during liposuction recovery will make the entire experience relatively easy.
- Wear compression garments as instructed. Compression garments reduce swelling, accelerate healing, and help the skin to adhere to its new body contours. The length of time needed to wear them will generally depend on the area being treated and the amount of fat that was removed. In most cases, compression garments should be worn for at least two weeks.
- Prior to the procedure, turn your home into a comfortable recovery nest. Fill prescriptions, make plans to have someone help you with housekeeping for the first few days post-surgery, and restock the pantry and fridge. Make sure you change your bed linens, too.
- Although you may be instructed to simply relax after surgery, it is equally important not to be totally stationary. You need to move to facilitate circulation and healing. Gradually introduce physical activity as your first week progresses.
- Avoid foods rich in sodium (salt) during recovery to minimize swelling. Sodium tends to cause the body to retain water.
- Quit smoking. Cigarette smoke can significantly delay healing because it reduces oxygen supply to the wound.
Call 325-641-1927 to schedule an appointment and learn more about liposuction.
Posted in: Liposuction