5 Quick Facts About Brownwood IPL Laser Hair Removal
- Posted on: Feb 6 2013
The idea of a laser beam to remove unwanted hair may sound dangerous. However, if you dig a little deeper into the science of beauty and cosmetic surgery, you’ll find out that laser hair removal is actually a safe and effective way to get rid of unwanted hairs, much better than bleaching, shaving or waxing. Dr. Gary Butka and the rest of the Creative Image Laser Solutions team are very adept in Brownwood IPL laser therapies, employing modern technology with a proven track record to help you achieve the results you desire.
Read on below for quick facts on IPL laser therapies.
1. IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. IPL is quite different from laser hair removal procedures but both of them have the same goal — to produce energy in order to stop the growth of hair follicles and consequently reduce the appearance of hair.
2. As a non-invasive treatment, IPL targets active hair follicles with its high-intensity pulse of light. The light energy causes the follicles to heat up and go through the “resting phase”. In a week or two, the hair will then naturally shed and will be prevented in growing back after 2 to 3 treatments.
3. Apart from hair removal, IPL is also used to improve the appearance of the following skin problems:
- vascular lesions such as rosacea, spider veins,broken capillaries and red thread veins
- stretch mark
- mild to moderate acne
- fine line and wrinkles
- freckles and dark spots
4. IPL differs from regular laser hair removal treatment with the type of wavelength used during the procedure. In laser hair removal, there is only a single wavelength used. However, IPL involves the use of numerous wavelengths which increases penetration into the hair follicles without excessive use of energy.
5. The most significant advantage of IPL is its that one can fully recover without any “downtime”. You can receive treatment and go back to work or school on the same day.
The effectiveness of your IPL treatment depends on the type of IPL technology used as well as the person performing the procedure. At the Creative Image Laser Solutions clinic, you are assured of our expertise as well as our state-of-the-art methods.
For more information on Brownwood IPL therapies for hair removal, schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Butka by calling 325.641.1927 or by filling out this contact form.
Posted in: Laser Skin Care