Eyelashes to Bat an Eye Over
- Posted on: Dec 15 2016
How are you supposed to bat your eyelashes when there’s little there? Many of us just have thin, forgettable eyelashes. We try to overcome it with lots of mascara. We may even resort to fake eyelashes, but they look anything but real.
But at Creative Image Laser Solutions we know of a way to give you the think, long eyelashes you dream about, and you grow them yourself. That’s right, with Latisse® you can grow your own beautiful eyelashes. It’s not some late night informercial, either. Latisse® is the real deal and we have it at Creative Image Laser.
What is Latisse®?
Latisse® is an eyelash growth system, the first of its kind. Latisse® is a prescription treatment that Dr. Butka can make available for our patients. Latisse® is applied to the upper lashes once daily to stimulate the lashes to grow naturally, giving you the thick, long lashes you’ve always wanted.
How does it work?
A with many things such as Velcro, Latisse® was discovered when scientists were researching something else. You may have heard of the company Allergen, the makers of Botox. Their scientists were working on an eyedrop to relieve intraocular pressure in the eye. Subjects in the test found that their eyelashes grew during the study, so the company began testing the active ingredient, bimatoprost, specifically for growing eyelashes. It proved effective and the FDA approved it in December 2008. It is believed that the bimatoprost increases the anagen phase (that’s the growth phase) of the eyelashes.
But Latisse requires consistent, diligent application; it doesn’t work overnight. The active ingredient, bimatoprost, is the key. When you apply Latisse nightly on the upper lash, just like you do with eyeliner, the bimatoprost in Latisse stimulates the lashes to grow. The treatment works gradually and your eyelashes will experience real growth over time, generally 12 to 16 weeks. But you must stay with it — once you start the treatment, the topical solution must be applied continuously each night until you achieve the desired results.
- Latisse is the first and only eyelash growing system that is approved by the FDA.
- Latisse requires one application per day taking only a minute or so.
- Latisse improves the appearance of eyelashes through the extension of the hair growth cycle that results in longer, thicker, fuller eyelashes.
- Patients see improvement after four weeks of continuous treatment, with full results coming within 16 weeks.
- After discontinuing use, your lashes will gradually return to their pre-treatment appearance.
- Most patients see a 25% increase in lash length.
- Most patients experience a106% increase in lash thickness/fullness.
- Most patients see an18% increase in lash darkness.
Are you interested in eyelashes you’ll want to bat? Call Creative Image Laser at 325-641-1927 and ask about Latisse®.
Posted in: Latisse