Acne Self-Care Tips: What to Do and What Not to Do
- Posted on: Feb 28 2014
Acne is a very common problem among teens and even adults. Acne is a skin problem that has to be addressed right away because it does not just lead to scarring, but it can also affect a teenager’s confidence. Here at Creative Image Laser Solutions, we help patients solve their acne problem through acne therapy in Brownwood. We also educate patients on self-care techniques that help their acne.
What to Do
- Use a gentle cleaner to clean problem areas.
- Wash one or two times a day. It is important to wash after exercising too.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Shampoo hair every day, especially for those with oily hair. Keep hair out of the face by pulling it back.
- Try using over-the-counter products that have salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as ingredients to dry the excess oil in the skin and promote skin peeling.
What Not to Do
- Do not use facial scrubs and astringents as they can irritate the skin and worsen acne.
- Do not squeeze, pick, or rub pimples because this can result to scarring and infection.
- Avoid using tight caps and headbands.
- Do not wash and scrub areas with acne excessively.
- Avoid touching the face with the hands or fingers. Objects should not rest on the face too.
- Do not use oily cosmetic products. When buying cosmetics, look for the “noncomedogenic” label as these are the products that have been proven not to cause acne.
If your acne does not respond to home remedies and OTC treatments, it is best that you consult a doctor. Effectively treating acne at an early stage minimizes risks of scarring. Request a personal consultation with us by calling 325-641-1927 or filling out this online contact form. You are a step closer to treating acne and getting your smooth skin and confidence back!
Posted in: Acne Therapies